Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Law School in Three Movements: An Improvisated Symphony

OH MY GOD I CAN'T DO THIS GET ME OUT GET ME OUT I CAN'T DO THIS THIS IS TOO HARD TOO STRESSFUL TOO CONSUMING CONFUSING RIDICULOUS DEPRESSING BAFFLING

SUBPAR EXISTENCE
VERGE OF PANIC

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN HOW DID I GET HERE WHAT WAS I THINKING WHO ENCOURAGED ME TO DO THIS WHY DID I THINK I COULD DO THIS HELP HELP HELP ME I'M DROWNING I'M FALLING APART I'M MISERABLE I'M FREAKED OUT

it's a time clock ticking ticking ticking and with every tick i get more behind i fail a little more i waste waste waste time money resources life air education youth

acne wrinkles fat starved
half showered at best
forgot how to speak in a voice that is not high and hysterical and don't know how not to pick at my face my cuticles my toenails my hair
don't know who i am what i'm for why i thought this was worth it or i was worth it want to die want to curl up in a hole want to live in a box never thought i could make it this far now i know why

don't know meals don't know leisure
don't know thinking without thinking about school school school school people school work school days school research school drinking school school school
haven't read a book haven't seen a play
living half a pathetic existence no health no sunshine no relax just fear

Thistooshallpass.Thistooshallpass. Thistooshallpass.Thistooshallpass.Thistooshallpass.Thistooshallpass.THISTOOSHALLPASS.THISTOOSHALLPASS.thistooshallpassthistoothistoo thistoo this too this too shall pass
youwillbeokay
youarenottheonlyone
youreadallthebooks
everyoneelsefeelsthesame
thisissupposedtobelikethis
youknowyou'regoingtobefine
noonefailsoutoflawschool
gradesreallyaren'tthatimportant
justtryyourbest
therearestupiderpeoplethanyou
wewillstillloveyou
youcanalwaysleave
putthingsinperspective

2 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger Shinobi said...

::HUG::

You can do it sweety!!!

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger AliceAyres said...

I may've had a *teeny tiny* collapse of the nerves. I'm not better yet but at least I got out of bed today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home